iPhone Software Update
I’m updating my iPhone software so I can check the new update to our MyBikeInfo iPhone application and I’m doing it over my Verizon data card, which means I won’t be able to post today’s pictures until tomorrow morning.
Things I’ve Learned Along the Way
Just for fun:
- Waterproof rain suits – aren’t. Not if you throw enough rain at them, but I should have learned this in the Army, right? I used the Harley-Davidon flourescent orange gumby suit and it worked for about an hour. After that I was pretty much soaked above the waist. The rain pants worked pretty well.
- Cowboy boots hold water. Who would have thought? Apparently the beeswax water proofing failed to keep the water out, but did keep what got in from getting out on its own. Go figure.
- Bug schrapnel. When riding at night, even with a windshield and face shield, always breathe through your nose. Bugs have an uncanny ability to infiltrate those two lines of defense.
- Never pass up a gas station. Especially if you are riding in the Wyoming, South Dakota, or the I-20 in west Texas.
- Barnett’s Harley-Davidson in El Paso is the biggest. Believe it! Pictures to follow tomorrow. 50,000 square feet of bikes, merchandise, and everything else you can imagine.
- Who’s that in my shower? If you have a detachable windshield, take it in the shower and give it a good scrub. You’ll begin the day with a crystal clear windshield and you’ll never put scratches in the plexiglass using gritty water at gas stations.
- Great meals for under $10. Denny’s is a great way to get a good meal without lot’s of grease. This is basic Army fare, but it hits the spot at the end of the day. Price is even better if you’re over 55:-) My number 1 backup is the Pizza Hut salad bar.
- People really are basically friendly. Just hit ’em with a big toothy grin and you’ve got a conversation going. Or, you can wear leather chaps and see what that generates.
- The best salad bar in the world. Found in Wheeling, West Virginia. All the usual fixin’s, plus Cheezits. Sweet!